Saturday, January 29, 2011

New arrival

We have a new arrival to the Pentax family on my office shelf. The Pentax MZ-50 as its known here is the sister to my recently acquired ZX-50. Its the same camera just with numbering for the US market.


I acquired the camera off Trademe for the princely sum of $50.00 plus a bit for freight. It even came with three new rolls of 35mm film.


I didn't need an extra camera body but I did need the two Sigma Lenses. Both are auto focus lenses. One @ 28-80mm + Macro and the other is a 100-300mm Telephoto lens.
These lenses also work with the latest generation of Pentax DSLR's, so when I eventually acquire a Pentax DSLR body I will have a lens kit already in hand. Current value of these lenses bought on their own are somewhere between $700 to $3000.00 approx depending upon which type you buy.


Weather permitting I will be doing a small photographic foray and will be taking along the ZX-50 as well as the Fuji HS10. I will be doing a side by side comparison of film versus digital to see how each camera performs. To even out this contest a little I will use Fuji Superia Xtra 400 Asa film and set the HS10 to Fuji Standard rather than chrome. This should even up the likely saturation levels a bit.


While the Fuji may not be a DSLR it is capable of very good images in good light so it will be interesting to see how well the digital stands up against the film. More to come on this little battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment