Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Featured Photographer

This months addition to our featured photographer series is Aaron Lancaster.
Aaron writes :

"I live on the South Kaipara Head Peninsula and spend most of my time around the peninsula or around the centre of the North Island. I got into photography as I was spending a lot of time in the backcountry of the North Island and wanted to share some of the places and sights I have seen with others who haven't been fortunate enough to get into our rural and backcountry landscape. I mainly photograph wildlife and landscapes."

Aaron doesn't currently have a website but makes his Flickr pages his photographic home, just follow the link below.

Aaron has provided us with some of his current favorites and I must say, they are good. Born in a rural setting as I was I can readily identify the feeling present in Aaron's work, its a great reminder of my own roots and ties to the land. My favorite of Aaron's is the photo entitled "Sunrise" and the commentary attached to it is pure New Zealand rural life. As I too live in the countryside its not hard to equate with the statement. "Sunrise" can be found here  and is just one of many excellent photos displayed in Aaron's galleries. Pop on in and say hello it will be well worth your while. 
My thanks to Aaron for making these images available for us.
Hawkes Bay farm, East Coast , North Island.

Maori Bay

Muriwai Beach, Fishing from the rocks.

Raukumara Ranges

Mt Ruapehu central North Island

Self portrait

Sheep :)
All images courtesy & copyright - Aaron Lancaster



2 comments:

  1. how did you took the "Maori Bay" and what settings? did you took this by fujifilm hs20exr?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photographer used a Canon 450D and a shutter speed approx. 1.5 seconds.. Color enhanced with a little PP work.

    ReplyDelete