Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life's like a box of....

You never quite know what your going to get.

Today I went to a local park and discovered the local model Radio Controlled Power Boat Club out and about. I duly started snapping away. Everything looked pretty much OK in the LCD screen.

It wasn't till I got home and downloaded the photos that I discovered that there was a very distinctive blue cast to all the photos. Fearing a sensor failure I checked over the camera settings. It was then I discovered a nasty little truth about the settings on the HS10. In any of the auto modes and P mode the settings revert to default or your custom settings if you have any. I do a lot of work in manual mode and this included some test shots taken indoors a couple of nights earlier. The White Balance was still set to incandescent which is fine for indoor work but is horrendous otherwise, especially on a very bright day like today.

Before
Below is a example of before and after using Lightroom 3.2 to rescue some of the shots.Some only recovered reasonably well by converting to Black & White.








After 
 

Before




After
Heres a couple more showing more intense blue hues.







No comments:

Post a Comment